Founder of Chaolysti, Pamela Cargill, spoke recently with Roger Willhite of SecondSilicon.com and host of the podcast Disruption! Solar Energy for episode #31. The interview covered:
- Developing solar career paths: from formal education to solar training to the employment landscape.
- Bay Area Solar Culture: How the vestiges of DotCom tech culture shaped the Bay Area solar industry and how attitudes and housing competitiveness make it challenging to live in the Bay Area.
- The East Coast solar market landscape: An overview of the fragmented markets and cultural attitudes in New England and colonial history that shaped it.
- Chaolysti: What it is, who it serves, and what it wants to become in the future.
- The future of Third Party Ownership: Will it continue to dominate?
- The future of the solar industry: Will business models or technology innovations propel us forward?