I'll be in Palm Springs from March 13-15 for Greentech Media's Solar Summit representing The Green Light Distrikt as their new SF Bay Area Industry Insider. The Green Light Distrikt (GLD) is a community of young, passionate professionals and entrepreneurs that are building friendships, sharing insights, and helping each other to change the world with clean technologies.
I recently joined The Green Light Distrikt to help expand its presence on the West Coast in the hotbed of cleantech and solar innovation near Silicon Valley. This is my first travel/multi-day event assignment for GLD. The summit includes two full days of moderated panel discussions on every aspect of the business of photovoltaics from manufacturing challenges to utility-scale development issues and everything in between. Some of the top C-level executives from the industry will provide their industry insight including, but not limited to:
- Ben Cook, Vice President of Project Finance, SolarCity
- Simon Watson, Director of Utility Market Strategy, SunEdison
- Ben Bierman, Executive Vice President of Operations and Engineering, Solyndra
- Stephen J. Hogan, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Spire Solar Division, Spire Corporation
- Danny Kennedy, Founder, Sungevity
- Tom Starrs, Managing Director, Market Development, Utility and Power Plants, Americas, SunPower
The list goes on and on. Lots of market development discussions across all sectors, scaling and improving manufacturing, the future of concentrating solar power, and more. Look for my posts and commentary here, on Twitter via #GTMSolar11, and via The Green Light Distrikt. Stay tuned for more.